Welcome To Chocolate Musings where 'Chocolate Rules', and all your other cares and worries are left behind amid a flurry of shiny whisks, empty bowls and worn out spatulas.

I have decided to do a spin-off of my Food Blog "
Platter Chatter With Patricia" and devote it entirely to Chocloate, as I think it might have some appeal to all the chocolate lovers. Here you will find monthly features relating to all things about chocolate, and many fine chocolate recipes and chocolate culinary delights. There will be many videos for presentation as well as opportunities to Listen Live to Internet broadcasts about chocolate as well. I trust you will enjoy your visit and find some items of interest to you.

Now before this luscious chocolate truffle on the plate sitting beside me disappears into the mouth of my precious cat, I best lunge for the last bite.

Sweet Dreams!

Patricia





Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Chocolate Muffins With Hot Chocolate Custard



I have always been a great fan of muffins and usually resort to making my standard cranberry-orange muffins whenever I have the opportunity as they are my very favorite, but I have been longing to try this recipe I found from the May 2007 issue of Good Food Magazine for Chocolate Muffins With Hot Chocolate Custard. A very simple recipe for a dessert that will surely delight.

For The Muffins:

50g golden caster sugar
100ml skimmed milk
1 egg
2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing


For The Hot Chocolate Custard:

2 x 150g pots low-fat custard
25g dark chocolate, chopped

Heat oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5. Brush 6 holes of a muffin tin with a drop of oil. Sieve the cocoa into a large bowl, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre. Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well, then stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin, then bake for 15 mins or until risen and firm to the touch. Heat the custard in the microwave according to instructions, or in a pan, then tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Turn the puddings into bowls and pour the custard over.

6 comments:

  1. That looks so wonderful, Patricia!

    Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! chocolate/chocolate. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinarily and beautiful. Oh that looks delicious and delightful! I love your blog! Though I'm fussy about chocolate it has to be dark for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazingly tempting...and lovely photographs as well...
    Am into sugarcraft and would invite you to visit my site...

    Swati

    ReplyDelete