Welcome To Chocolate Musings where 'Chocolate Rules', and all your other cares and worries are left behind amid a flurry of shiny whisks, empty bowls and worn out spatulas.

I have decided to do a spin-off of my Food Blog "
Platter Chatter With Patricia" and devote it entirely to Chocloate, as I think it might have some appeal to all the chocolate lovers. Here you will find monthly features relating to all things about chocolate, and many fine chocolate recipes and chocolate culinary delights. There will be many videos for presentation as well as opportunities to Listen Live to Internet broadcasts about chocolate as well. I trust you will enjoy your visit and find some items of interest to you.

Now before this luscious chocolate truffle on the plate sitting beside me disappears into the mouth of my precious cat, I best lunge for the last bite.

Sweet Dreams!

Patricia





Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Reese's Moment





Even a squirrel knows that a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup can't be resisted. Well I love them also but unfortunately they are not available here in New Zealand as far as I can find. I already have a food wish list made up for the next time I go back to visit my family in New York, and a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup is on top of the list next to a huge bag of Cheese Doodles, a New York Pepperoni Pizza, a bottle of Black Cherry Soda, a New York Bagel and my list goes on.
Well yesterday I found a yummy looking recipe for homemade Peanut Butter Cups and I just have to make them soon. I also searched the Internet and found heaps of recipes using Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, so once I become proficient with the following recipe I will have to start trying some of the other recipes I Googled!

Here is the recipe!

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

Yield: 10-12 servings



2 sticks (1 cup) margarine melted
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
12 oz milk chocolate (chocolate chips or chocolate bar works good)

Line a 9x13" pan with parchment or wax paper.
Mix 2 sticks of butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs. Spread mixture on the bottom of the pan.
Melt chocolate and spread over mixture in pan. Let set in a cool place. Remove from pan and cut into desired shapes.

Melting Chocolate:
You can melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a double boiler.

In a Microwave Oven
Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe container and microwave at MEDIUM (50 percent power) for 1 1/2 to 4 minutes, until the chocolate turns shiny. Remove the container from the microwave and stir the chocolate until completely melted. Stir milk and white chocolates after about 1 1/2 minutes. Because of their milk proteins, they need to be stirred sooner than dark chocolate. (If overheated, these chocolates may become grainy.)

In a Double Boiler
Place coarsely chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water. Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove the top part of the double boiler from the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patricia,
    I don't know where else you can get delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but if you're lucky, you may just get one out of the chocolate game machine outside Allenmara Computers in the main street of Huntly, haha.

    Sadly, I have no idea where they come from.

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete